Custom Centerpieces

Decorate Your Party

Theme Party Decorations

Special Occasions Decorations
    Super Bowl Parties
    Milestone Birthdays

Discussion Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
how can i plan for a college graduation party? (Read 4424 times)
Party411 Newbies

how can i plan for a college graduation party?
Mar 28th, 2008, 12:59pm
Hey guys,

I will be graduating in June from my college, and i have been given the responsibily of organizing it.

The event will be held at a hotel at night. All the teachers and parents will be invited to the party.

I want some usefull ideas in order to make the event nice and UNFORGETABLE..

for example:
- wht decoration shall i use for the theatre '' as im thinking of using nice balloons with flowers''
- what shall i put on the tables?
- any slide shows in the event?

I will be waiting for ur ideas.

IP Logged
Party411 Newbies

Party On!

Re: how can i plan for a college graduation party?
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2010, 12:41am
Before you jump into the party plans, figure out how much money you can spend on the event. Once you have come up with your figure, divvy up the money between foods and decorations. If you just buy things as you go along, you are likely to spend more money than you would have liked. Make a guest list. You can limit the guests to close friends and family, or you can aim for a broader cross-section of friends or classmates. Plan decorations if you want them .Consider school colors, graduation year or school sports teams as a theme. Buy or make invitations, and send them to all your friends. Remember to include the date and time of the party, a general idea of the dress ("dressy," "casual") and indicate whether there will be a meal served, or if it's just hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Order a cake. No graduation party is complete without a "Congratulations Graduates!" cake to share. Prepare some casserole dishes and sides that can be made in advance and only require a little heating-up to be served. Salads can be prepared early as well, such as potato salad and macaroni salad, and they can easily be made in mass quantities. Make a large sheet cake for dessert, along with some fresh fruit platters. Also, you might consider making up a few punch bowls and some kegs of the graduates favorite beer so that you donít need to constantly worry about restocking beverages or tending to a bar.
  IP Logged
Party411 Newbies

Re: how can i plan for a college graduation party?
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2011, 11:38pm
Hey Jeff, congrats on your graduation! If possible, could you tell us how you handled it? BTW, for the others who wanna plan one, the article at ehow provides some advice Google ehow "Plan a Great College Graduation Party"'(I'm not allowed to post links!)

WWW   IP Logged

Subscribe to the FREE monthly Party Talk Newsletter
Privacy Policy

* required

Email Marketing by VerticalResponse

Party411...your one-stop party planning resource
Toll Free Party Line 1-877-514-8411.
4949 Galaxy Parkway, Suite G
Cleveland, Ohio 44128

© 411Unlimited, LLC. All rights reserved.