Custom Centerpieces

Decorate Your Party

Theme Party Decorations

Special Occasions Decorations
    Super Bowl Parties
    Milestone Birthdays

Discussion Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Long Distance Shower??? (Read 2769 times)
Party411 Newbies

Long Distance Shower???
Feb 01st, 2005, 3:25pm
My sister-in-law is getting married in July.  Her, her sisters, the guests, and I all live in different states across the county. We would like to do a shower for her.  We were thinking of mailing index cards for the intended guests to mail to us recipes and marrage advise to give to her, but does anyone have any other ideas?
  IP Logged
Party411 Newbies

Re: Long Distance Shower???
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2005, 9:15am
In these high tech days, there are lots of fun things to do.
40 years ago or so, when my first son was born, I thought it was extremely clever that my girlfriend took home movies of the shower with just me and a couple of other friends and sent it to all the friends back home for them to enjoy during their version of the shower.  (Someone there filmed that party too) They were about 5 hours away, so imagine my surprise when my best friend from high school showed up with the gifts from her party the next morning.

You could do the same sort of thing with a video tape, but even better, set up the video cam on your computer so both groups can "shower" together.  Or even a conference call could join the groups.  The hostess of the remote shower packs up all the gifts for shipping (or even hand delivery)

When my niece was pregnant, the aunts lived in 7 different cities, none of us close enough to attend the shower. We did a "round robin" letter with one aunt writing her a letter of congratulations and sending it to the next aunt.  That way, each one in turn could write their letter and comment on what the other aunts had said.  Each of us also included some money for our gift. The mom-to-be's little sister collected everything and purchased the gift to take to the shower they had there in town.  With the money from all of us, she purchased 50 boxes of disposable diapers in assorted sizes.  It was much appreciated, and, when wrapped together like one huge box, it was a very impressive sight.
  IP Logged

Subscribe to the FREE monthly Party Talk Newsletter
Privacy Policy

* required

Email Marketing by VerticalResponse

Party411...your one-stop party planning resource
Toll Free Party Line 1-877-514-8411.
4949 Galaxy Parkway, Suite G
Cleveland, Ohio 44128

411Unlimited, LLC. All rights reserved.